Meet the Models

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

London Calling

Guess where I went this weekend?! London! My school offered a field trip, and my parents said I could go! We left early (oh, dear, so very early) on Saturday morning, and we arrived in the city around 9:00AM. We went to the British Museum in the morning, where we saw all kinds of amazing things from Egypt and Greece and Rome and the Vikings:


Then, after lunch, we were allowed to do some shopping as long as we went with two friends. So Charlie and Amy Jinn and I wandered about. Mostly we looked in shop windows at the displays of beautiful outfits for spring. We didn't buy much because things are so expensive, but it was such fun to look! Then we splurged on a fancy cream tea at The Wolseley, which was the most grown-up thing EVER. The Wolseley is a cafe in Piccadilly Street, Mayfair. It's huge and grand:


(That's not my picture; it belongs to the people who designed the cafe's decor, PBH Shopfitters. They did a splendid job!) We had bacon butties (those are sandwiches with butter, brown sauce, and lots of BACON!!!), cranberry scones with jam and cream, and a lovely pot of tea, and we pretended we were grown-up ladies. :)

On Saturday evening we all went to see the musical version of Matilda in the West End. We didn't get back to Bruton until after 1:30 in the morning, can you imagine it?! Oh, but it was the best day ever. We had such fun in the city! I love London!

As you can imagine, after all that window-shopping, I came back full of ideas for outfits. I wanted to commemorate our wonderful day with one inspired by London itself. I've asked my lovely friend Rebecca, who is from London herself, to model it. Can you see the Union flag made of words on the shirt? I like the way it peeks out under the jacket, but you still know what it is. I think sometimes it's better to hint at something than put it on grand display; what do you think?




Outfit details
Red swing jacket and sandals: Mj's Doll Boutique
London long-sleeve T-shirt: The Beach Shack
Jeans: AGP Logo Jeans

8 comments:

  1. Rebecca looks great in this outfit! Great pieces!

    By the way, I've nominated you for the prestigious Liebster Award:
    http://www.amongthedolls.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much, Among the Dolls! :D I feel so honored. I know it's been forever since you posted this, but I've been so very busy this week that I haven't even had a moment to check my messages, and this was a lovely surprise to discover when I did. I'll definitely pay the love forward today, and link back to you as well! And I hope it's okay if I add you to my blog roll?

      Love,
      Audra

      Delete
  2. Wow! I'm so glad you had a fabulous time on your trip! :D London is an amazing city with so many fascinating things to see. ^_^ Rebecca looks beautiful in her outfits, especially the red jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lilly Maiden! London is such a cool city... something wonderful to do in every street, I think. :)

      Here at school, we pretty much all share clothes all the time, which is usually great, because you have WAY more clothes than you would otherwise. But Rebecca loved my red jacket so much, lol, I'm afraid I might never see it again now!

      Love,
      Audra

      Delete
  3. Hello dear Audra! Rebecca looks wonderful in that outfit! My friend Coral has that jacket in beige linen- but it looks like a totally different jacket on Rebecca because hers is so bright and colorful!

    I've also nominated you for the prestigious Liebster Award! Here's the link to the questions I'm asking:

    http://www.superinky.com/2014/03/the-prestigious-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, thank you so much, Inky!!! I'm so excited! :D I tagged you back as well. Thank you so much for thinking of me!

      I bet Coral looks beautiful in her beige linen jacket. That's such a classic look... very Audrey Hepburn. Do the two of you ever share clothes? Here at the Bruton School, everyone's constantly raiding each other's closets. I love it, because it's as though I have nearly 20 times as many clothes as I actually do! (Well, sort of 21, although it's really only Tegan who ever steals Elijah's clothes....)

      Love,
      Audra

      Delete
  4. Oh, I forgot to say- I was in London a few months ago and I loved it! The British Museum is amazing. I liked the Ancient Near East, Chinese Jade, and Maori sections the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful? I loved your pictures of the museum. I forgot to take my camera with me on the trip (*headsmack*). I wish I could've gotten some pictures of the Viking exhibit and the ancient Near East ones. They were my favorites that we saw. I want to come back this summer with my moms to see the African art exhibit!

      Love,
      Audra

      Delete