Meet the Models

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Liebster Award Fun!

Oh, my goodness, what a week it's been, friends! Do you ever have weeks where real life catches hold of you and won't let go? We've been writing exams this week at school, and I've not even had a moment to check in with all of you. I've missed all of you!


While I was away, two of my lovely friends, Among the Dolls and Super Inky, nominated my blog for the Prestigious Liebster Award. I was so excited that I was jumping up and down and yelling, and my friend Tamsyn who lives in the room next door had to come and check on me to make sure I wasn't having some kind of fit. Thank you so much, friends! It makes me so happy to know that you're reading and enjoying this blog. :)

Okay, so apparently the way this works is, friends who nominate you have a list of 11 questions for you to answer. Then you tag 11 more friends (and let them know you tagged them), and give them 11 questions to answer as well. So here goes! These are the questions that Among the Dolls asked. I had to ask the headmistress at my school (we just call her Professor!) to help me with these questions, so the answers in red are hers. I added my answers on #6-11, too.

1. How long have you collected AG dolls? 
I got my first AG doll 15 years ago, when I was 23. For a long time I just collected things for her, and she was an only doll. But about five years ago I got two more dolls in one year, and I've been pretty crazy about them ever since.
2. Who was your first AG doll?
My first AG doll was Julian, who is a PM #14. You can see her picture on the "Meet the Models" page of this blog.
3. How many AG dolls do you have?
I have 21 dolls now.
4. Do you have any customs? How many?
I really like customs; 11 of my dolls have been customized. Some of them are only a little bit customized (like Esra'a, who is a Josefina with texturized hair), while others (like Elijah, who was once a Nellie) have been heavily customized.
5. Who's your next doll?
I'm not really sure! I'm hoping that AG will release the rumored not!Saige, #61, as well as a not!Kanani (Jess mold with medium skin). But I'd also like to have a #26. Since she actually currently exists, I'll go ahead and say that she'll probably be the next one.
6. What's your favorite song?
This is hard, because I'm a huge music geek. It's probably "I Still Haven't Found (What I'm Looking For)", by U2.
'Summertime' from Porgy and Bess, Audra McDonald's version. (I got my name from her!)
7. What's your favorite book?
Lord of the Rings, by J. R. R. Tolkien.
My favorite book for years and years has been The BFG by Roald Dahl.
8. What's your favorite t.v. show?
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report. I can't pick between them.
I think my moms might not completely love that I watch it at school, but I just love Luther. Idris Elba is the handsomest person in the universe. 
9. What's your favorite movie?
I'm repeating myself, but again, it's the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Best movies EVER.
I like really old-fashioned movies. I think my favorite is Singin' in the Rain.
10. What's your favorite food?
Bread. Pretty much any kind of bread, as long as it doesn't have cheese in it. Love bread.
Fish and chips, especially when the chips are sweet potato.
11. What's your favorite color?
Orange and green are tied for me.
Red, orange, yellow, and turquoise. :)


And these are the questions from Inky:
1. What is your favorite animated movie or TV show?
Definitely Brave. I like Merida.
2. What is your favorite animal?
This is a very hard question! I love most animals. Well, my favorite individual animal is my bulldog, Meatloaf. But my favorite species is probably the dolphin.
3. Which animal are you most like?
I think I'm probably most like a puppy -- too much energy, like everybody, love to play, good at sleeping. :)
4. If you had the chance, would you go into space?
Oh, jeepers, yes! How cool would that be?
5. Would you rather go on a boat trip to Alaska or the Caribbean? 
Hmmm. Both would be fun. But I like warm weather and I like fruit drinks with umbrellas in them, so I think I'd pick the Caribbean.
6. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday! :)
7. Do you speak any other languages? Which ones?
Not really. Well, I can stumble through a bit of very simple French, because I've been reading it at school for a couple of years now. I speak a few words in Twi Asante, which is a language (dialect, really) spoken in Ghana. My Nana is from Ghana, and my mum has spent a lot of time there, but I've never been. Nana taught me a few words, though.
8. Do you collect anything? If so, what do you collect?
Clothes! :)
9. What is your favorite candy? 
Cadbury Flake bars. Mmmmm, chocolate!
10. What do you like to drink when you are especially thirsty? 
I'm really a water person, for the most part. But I'll tell you, sometimes there's nothing better than an orange squash on a hot day.
11. What is your favorite outfit? 
 Haha! This is like asking me which of my teeth is my favorite. :) It really totally depends on how I'm feeling that day, what the weather is like, what I'll be doing... all kinds of things. I don't think I could ever pick just one favorite!



Here are the friends that I'm nominating, in inverse alphabetical order, because that seems like fun:


1. Super Inky
2. Snister's Flock
3. Lissie and Lilly
4. From Echo With Love
5. Clarisse's Closet
6. Bienvenue Chez les Ch'tis
7. Among the Dolls
8. A Peek Into the Pantry
9. um... gosh...
10. I'd really love to see anybody who's interested participate!
11. I'm very, very bad at tagging people!

I know I'm really late on this, and most of you have already been nominated and answered questions. So if you would rather not answer these, I totally understand. But I would love to read your answers if you feel like it! And here are the questions for you:

1. If you could visit any country that you've never visited before, which one would it be?
2. What is one thing that you're afraid of?
3. Who are your top 3 favorite musicians right now?
4. How would you feel about wearing an outfit that was made up of really bright colors and patterns, that would make people turn and look at you?
5. What is your favorite kind of clothing to wear?
6. What is (or was) your favorite school subject?
7. What are your feelings about broccoli? Pick 3 words you'd use to describe your feelings.
8. Would you rather spend an afternoon at a museum, at an ice-skating rink, at the seaside, or in your room with a book?
9. What is your favorite place that you've ever visited?
10. If you had a time machine, when and where would you go?
11. Who is your best friend and how would you describe her/him?

I promise to post a new fashion entry later today, too. Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, and I've too many Irish friends to let it go without some green style on my blog. Thanks for reading, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination, Audra! I loved reading your answers. I posted mine on my blog if you'd like to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing, Sydney! Please tell Molly and Cozi and all your girls that my friends and I say hi!

      Love,
      Audra

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading all your answers....some made us giggle! ☺ ~D3 Girls♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, lovelies! I would love to read your answers too -- consider yourself tagged if you'd like to play!

    Love,
    Audra

    ReplyDelete